- Wine tasting venue: Congress Center, the conference building
- Wine tasting date: Monday, June 12th
- Wine tasting time: 18.30 (after Poster session I
We organized, together with Fattoria di Petroio (www.fattoriapetroio.com) a wine tasting event for all conference participants.
Nested in the heart of Tuscany’s beautiful Chianti hills, just a few miles North of Siena, lies the Fattoria di Petroio, which produces wine (especially Chianti Classico) since 1924. Today, the 9 hectares of vineyards, enable Petroio to produce, with great passion and dedication, a yearly average of 25000 bottles of traditional and territorial Chianti Classico; 5000 bottles of the harvest’s best juice, the Chianti Classico Riserva, 5000 bottles of fresh, readily drinkable IGT Rosso Toscano called Poggio al Mandorlo, and the Barbera Pomorosso.
During this experience, you will have the occasion to taste three local wines, together with olive oil produced by Fattoria di Petroio and a selection of cheese from a producer from Maremma.
The wine tasting experience is kindly sponsored by XGLab.
Church Organ Concert Information
- Concert venue: Cathedral Square, Piazza dei Miracoli (Square of Miracles), Pisa
- Concert date: Tuesday, June 13th
- Concert time: 21.00 (doors will close at 20.30)
- How to arrive: take LAM Rossa at the train station (every 10 min; direction Pietrasantina Parking; bus stop: Piazza Manin).
- Entry points: Cathedral facade and Bonanno Gate, in front of the Tower.
Enjoy a memorable experience at the medieval Cathedral of Pisa. Riccardo Donati, the chapel master of the Cathedral of Pisa, will perform an organ concert specially for us. The proposed repertoire includes Johann Sebastian Bach, Felix Mendelssohn, Louis Vierne and Cesar Franck.
For security reasons, in order to be able to attend the concert, participants must bring the entrance ticket with them. Access to the Cathedral would not be granted without the entrance ticket.
Visit of Pisa – Excursion information
- Excursion date: Wednesday, June 14th
- Excursion duration: about 2 hours
- Excursion itinerary:
The participants will be accompanied by professional guides to the discovery of the hidden treasures of the Old City of Pisa. The tour will start from the Congress Center; four different itineraries are proposed (see the attached figure). You are kindly asked to choose one of them at the Conference desk, where you will be given a ticket of the corresponding color (see map) and an earpiece for listening to the guide explanations (in English). To avoid congestions in the narrow alleys of the Old City, the groups will leave with a delay of 10 minutes from the previous one. Please check your ticket for the exact departure time. All the itineraries will converge to Piazza dei Miracoli, where a tour of the Cathedral and Monumental Cemetery is scheduled.
Gala Dinner information
- Venue: Stazione Leopolda, Piazza Federico Domenico Guerrazzi, 11, Pisa
- Gala dinner date: Wednesday, June 14th
- Gala dinner time: 20.00
- Distance by foot: 7 min from the Congress Center (see map).
Social dinner is included in the registration fee for participants and accompanying persons. Extra tickets will be available at the Conference desk (€ 70 each).
For security reasons, in order to be able to attend the gala dinner, participants must bring the corresponding ticket with them.